In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and its regulations, this notice is circulated to all our customers and/ or potential customers. This Notice will inform you of your rights regarding your personal data that has been and/ or will be, received and processed by us.
Collection and processing of personal data
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/ or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with Unoya Sdn Bhd (“RECQA“) (Company registration number 202001032578 (1388899-D)), its associated company(ies), its joint venture partners, including of all of its shareholder(s), its director(s), its employee(s), its supplier(s), its contractor(s) and/ or its permitted person(s) (“we”, “our”, “us” or “Company”). Your personal data enables us to achieve the Purposes of Processing herein that are in connection with our business.
Description of personal data
Personal Data means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in RECQA , the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to RECQA in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by RECQA from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide RECQA your Personal Data, RECQA will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below, herein and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause RECQA to be unable to engage you to provide services or products or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
Purposes of Processing
The collection and processing of personal data include but not limited to the following purposes:
When you are a customer of the services provided by RECQA:
- to perform RECQA’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested;
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- where you have requested to download and use the Notiz App (“App”), to process your request, to deliver the App to you and to provide you a license for the use of the App;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with RECQA and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate your purchase and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyses our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider:
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by RECQA in order to engage you;
- to process payments relating to any products or services you have provided;
RECQA may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from RECQA, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by RECQA, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions.
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to RECQA directly, RECQA may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms;
- From publicly available sources such as directories,
- From RECQA’s social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- From credit reporting agencies;
- When you interact and communicate with RECQA at any events or activities;
- When you enter contests organized by RECQA,
- From various entities or divisions under RECQA; or
- By using RECQA websites, which includes all websites operated by RECQA and under the names of its respective brands (“Websites”). Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Generally, your personal data will be kept confidential. You hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties, but not limited to:
- Our business partners including online business affiliates, retailers,
- Our auditors, business consultants, accountants, lawyers or other
- Our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as we deem necessary
- Any person to whom we are compelled to or required under law or in distributors, agents, merchant that provide, supply, distribute or deal in general with our services or products in connection with our business and in relation to our programs; professional advisors and/or consultants as we deem necessary and appropriate; necessary or appropriate, including third party marketing companies or entities; response to a local or state or federal authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorized by law.
Right to request access to personal data
You are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable notice.
Right to request correction of personal data
You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data that is held by us with reasonable notice. With respect to this, you may
- Request correction and / or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date; and
- Request retention of your personal data only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Purpose stated above.
Rights to limit processing of your personal data
You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full, your consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Contact to make inquiries and complaints regarding personal data
If you intend to exercise your rights, or to make inquiries or complaints regarding your personal data, our policies, procedures in relation to processing your personal data, you may contact the relevant department as follows
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org